Updated Apache from 2.2.21 to 2.4.4, PHP from 5.4.0 to 5.6.8, MySQL 5.5.0 to 5.5.32 and FileZilla from an unknown version (forgot to check what version it was) to 0.9.41 by moving the server over to a XAMPP setup. This'll also make it much easier to update Apache, PHP and MySQL in the future. XAMPP also brought aboard a load of other nifty stuff like Mercury Mail Transport System. Maybe I can finally get the site to forward mail to my own mail address for once. Doubt I'd really use it though.
I also tested the site on Beyond Security's web security test. My site scored 1.81 out of 100... And got an F rating. This is why I did all of this, and it is also the reason I disabled the feedback box in the "Contact" section. It had NO security against cross-site scripting whatsoever.
I strongly advise against looking at the left pane for some time. I'm working on making the counters and the logger load asynchronously so that they are not affected by cacheing. It's rather dysfunctional, at the moment.
Reworked the news page to fetch the news files from a specific folder, instead of me having to manually write into the home.php file all the time. Will improve on this in the future to include a form for submittal.
Reinstated the old, inline counters while I summon up the will to work on the uncached ones.